I’m pretty happy with the Bacula environment I’ve created.
It has gone through a few iterations, and I’ve learned a lot since I started using it a few years ago. I think its only appropriate to share the evolution of my environment with as many people as possible, and I hope it can help save new bacula administrators some time.
Enough of the preamble, here is my github project page: https://github. Read More...
On aspect that I was never happy with the Bacula environment I built while at LLNL was the fact that I could no look up certain values for each client. Values like: * Passwords * Storage Devices * Certificates (if you are using Encryption)
Well, over the past few week’s I’ve been able to work around this problem by storing additional information in a CouchDB DB.
It is not the ideal solution, but it is a start and I’m okay with that. Read More...
I’ve been using Puppet at work for the handful of FreeBSD and, recently, Ubuntu desktops.
Aside from some very simple system configuration management (I’ve not yet dived too deep into puppet. I mostly use it for configuring system authentication and ensuring a particular computer security baseline), I though it would have been great to store the client’s “facts” into a accessable database.
Sometime last year, Puppet added the ability to store facts into a Couch Database: http://www. Read More...